Wednesday 3 January 2018

Starting as I mean to go on


After a break from crafting over Christmas I finally got into the craft room yesterday.  One of my few resolutions for this year is to make time for more scrapbook layouts. I think I made this same resolution last year and the year before and failed miserably. However I am off to a good start so let's see how many I can complete this year,  I have lots of photos printed and all ready for layouts. Many of them are from holidays and this one is from last January's holiday to Florida.

Downtwon Kissimmee is a quaint little place with one main street consisting mainly of antique and collectable shops stuffed so full of interesting things. We always make a beeline for the vinyl records and did pick up a few bargains.

I used the January 1 sketch at Stuck?! for my inspiration. They have 2 sketches a month and I hope to make layouts for as many of them as I can this year. The sketch was a good opportunity to try out a Tim Holtz die I bought from somebody on Facebook about 6 months ago. It's a fun diamond pattern which can be used in so many ways. I used it as a random repeat pattern. The 2 lampposts were cut with MFT dies and I added a couple of vintage toppers from Studio Light.  The paper is Tim Holtz vintage shabby.

21 comments:

Allicat said...

Happy New year Marianne and let's hope you keep going with your scrapbooking. I love your layout. Xx

Isobel said...

Lovely way to remember your holiday x

meg said...

Great layout and wonderful to see your pics

Sarah said...

A great page Marianne, looking forward to seeing more xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely scrapbooking layout!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Scrapbooking is a lovely way to present your photo's rather than in an album, a lovely layout using these fab die cuts.
Lorraine

Linda Simpson said...

This is a wonderful page, love the layout and wonderful photographs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Janette said...

Lovely layout, really like it..x

Carol S. said...

Love the layout and a good reason for getting your photos off the computer. I too started well last year and it soon stopped!! Must try harder!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Lisa said...

This is fabulous!! I love the details you added and the photos!! So beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cotnob said...

A fabulous layout Marianne, good luck with your resolution.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lorraine said...

Your scrapbook page looks fab and I love the photos
Lorraine x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a brilliant interpretation of the sketch Marianne! Lovely photos and beautifully preserved now in that lovely layout. Just gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant page Marianne, great design and colours, super photos and a great way to keep memories alive,Kate x

Debbie said...

Loving your scrapbook page, so nice to capture memories. Hugs xx

Fikreta said...

this is so great page!
hugs

Anne said...

Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches.

Laura Creates said...

Beautiful interpretation of the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

seemownay said...

Happy New Year! This is such a great interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

kaybeetoo said...

Love this fun interpretation of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Fiona said...

Great page, love the diecut. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!Sketches